Friday, August 5, 2011

Clocks and Canvases

Are your kiddos starting back to school next week?  Mine are.  On Tuesday.  What the heck right?  Where did this summer go?  I remember not too many years back when it seemed like they just lasted forever.  Not so much anymore.  I feel like I didn't really spend a lot of time with them between trips with their Dad and their soccer camps and tournaments... the summer whizzed by!  They are excited but feeling the same as I am.  School starts EARLY this year.  HA! 

Anyhooooo...  I feel like I haven't shared much scrappy/crafty stuff lately.  I've spent a lot of the last few months working on special projects that couldn't be shared online.  So I am excited that I made a few things I CAN share. 

Spellbinders really out-did themselves with the latest new products release.  I'm seriously in LOVE with just about EVERY single thing they revealed at CHA last month.  One of my favorites wasn't actually one of my favorites until I started playing with the die templates.  Sometimes it's hard to see the limitless potential right away.  That's why it's always good to look around online and see how other paper crafters have used them..... to get instantly inspired and then of course find out that you "HAVE to HAVE it" right???  LOL

Here's the S5-074 Retro Mod Clocks set.  I was a little intimidated at first with these.  But once I started just die cutting paper with them my mind went crazy excited at the possibilities!  I have been drawn to purple for a while now and loved the idea of using it in contrast with the browns on this.  The Clock face was die cut from Spellbinders Premium Craft Foils - Delicate Pastels then adhered using pop dots for dimension.  I've been creating my own word art for my projects lately too so I've shared that below for you to use if you'd like.  If you have any questions about this card or what I did..... please don't hesitate to leave a comment and ask!  Chances are.... someone else is probably curious too and I will post and help if I can. 





Okay..... that's pretty much it for this post but I want to share the latest canvas I made before I head for bed.  I'm getting up SUPER EARLY to do a yard sale tomorrow.  Too much junk around here and it's time to purge!  LOL  I've been loving the combination of paints and my scrapbooking supplies on a canvas!  It feels like a true piece of art when I'm done with it.  I love this 12x12 size too.  Didn't take much time at all to create.  I wanted to create my little sailboat I designed previously for a card I made.  I posted that below so you could see how my card inspired my canvas.  With a different quote on it.... That I neeeeeed to apply in my life a little more!  LOL  I also posted the pattern I drew for the sailboat.  So you can give it a whirl if ya like! 

Have a great weekend!  ~Shanna ♥







6 comments:

  1. You have done a really good job on both of them. I do like the clock and I love purple, so now am seeing more possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. neat clock card. Totally love your canvas, such a darling boat and scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutest thing ever! LOVE the sail boat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous Shanna. Love that clock die and the colors you used. The distressing is perfect... and your sailboats! Awesome! I love how you made a 12x12 version of your card. So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how i love that clock!!! love it! so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your canvas and your card. The quote you used on the canvas I a favorite of mine. Thanks for sharing your pattern. xxx

    ReplyDelete